- The program is open to everyone (students, postdocs, early career researchers, academics) regardless of their career stage.
- An interviewee can be a person at any career stage (including young researchers and Ph.D students) with inspirational contributions to the MICCAI research fields and society.
- Participants are allowed to make a team of up to 3 members (i.e., interviewers) who will work together towards preparing and conducting an interview with their inspirational interviewee.
- A team can have more than one entry; i.e. more than one interview.
- Each submission should be no less than 10 minutes in duration. Maximum allowed duration is 20 minutes.
- he awards will only be for the participating team and not for the interviewee.
Aspects to cover in the interview (but not limited to)
- Advice from the heart that the interviewee gives to our research community members (a take-away story maybe).
- Career trajectories, shifts (from academia to industry or vice versa), and development.
- Stories on how the interviewee joined the medical imaging/machine learning community and what inspires them to continue in this field.
- The potential in medical imaging research for newbies.
- The challenges faced at the beginning of their careers, and how it turned to be a motivational story (whether personal or career-wise).
- Sharing success stories/struggles with graduate students and post-docs on publishing manuscripts and/or grant writing.
- Entrepreneurial/Startups challenges that are most commonly faced and tips to overcome them.
- Video Quality
- Interview content
- Interview flow
- Anonymous panel of judges will first review and shortlist the 5 best videos based on the content and interviewer’s skills.
- Based on public votes on the 5 shortlisted videos, equal award of $300 to be given to the interviewers of the top 3 videos.
- Deadline: August 10th, 2021 August 31st, 2021
- Submission link: WiM WILL 2021
Please direct any questions to: email@example.com
Women in MICCAI
WiM Inspirational Leadership Legacy | MICCAI2021